Issues we are watching:
Whether the need is for rental or owner occupied housing, whether the age of the occupant is 22 or 92, and whether those facing the challenge are on the brink of homelessness or on their way to buying their first home, the challenge for us as a community is to ensure that there is a sufficient supply of a variety of affordable housing options in our region.
State and local governments can use a variety of policies and programs to address the affordable housing challenge. The issues listed below are ones that have the ability to affect the affordable housing supply in our region.
• Cash Proffers and Impact Fees
• Revitalization Zones
• Local Housing Trust Funds
• Affordable Dwelling Unit Ordinances
• Mixed Income/Mixed Use Development
• Tax Incentives for Housing
• Rental Assistance Programs
• State Housing Trust Fund